Friday, September 11, 2009

Basic Techniques Series Intro & Lesson 1: Cooking Whole Grains

----POST PENDING----

Video for this future blog post:



This video is the first of the Basic Techniques Series of videos that I will post intermittently with other cooking demonstrations. In this lesson, I use brown rice to illustrate the techniques and time-saving tips for cooking and storing whole grains – including how to make sure you have “instant” batches ready for quick meals or other culinary uses. The “Grain Cooking Chart” mentioned in the video, along with detailed directions and further information about the topics covered in this video will be posted to the blog soon!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle,

    I'm enjoying the videos! I have a request, if you can fit it in: I'm very interested in learning out to make sushi. Is this something you could demonstrate? Also, can you comment on the nutritional value of sushi?

    Best,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for a blog! I don't know how you have the time but I'm looking forward to reading/watching more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats awesome! We do this with our brown jasmine rice at the restaurant I work at, but we refrigerate it instead of freezing it, then reheat before service because we go through batches more frequently. Totally going to start doing this from now on. I don't know why I never thought about doing it at home!

    ReplyDelete